From time and again I have mentioned how important it is to print photos. Printing preserves the life of digital images, which most of the time get lost in the digital clutter.
Having said that, there is more than one way to print the photos and use them as decor. You don't really have to stick to photobooks and store them inside, when you can showcase them in your home beautifully.
Here are 5 ways you can include your favorite pictures into your interiors :
1. Wall gallery - This one is my personal favorite. Having a wall gallery of pictures that bring happiness to everyone, can light up the whole room. You can either have a lined up gallery consisting of 4-5 images or a collage or a grid. Start with a smaller number like 3 and then keep adding new frames/canvas as your kids grow older.
2. Fridge magnets : I myself love collection fridge magnets while I travel. They bring back all the memories from the vacations and add colors to the fridge. You can print small fridge magnets from the travel pictures and add them to the souvenirs to complete the whole vibe of your travel stories.
3. Calendars : This is something that is not only decorative but very functional. It is an essential part of our daily lives and adding your favorite pictures from the previous year can bring a smile to your face every time you look up for a date :) You can make Wall calendars, Desk calendars or even a poster calendar with all months on a single page.
4. Table photo frame : If you do not have space for a wall gallery, then you can definitely make a table photo frame and put on your bed side. Looking at a happy picture every morning is like therapy and a good way to start the day.
5. Mugs : These are one item that can not only make a good décor item, but also a wonderful gift. If it's your friend's birthday, or mother's day, father's day or no occasion at all, a gifted mug never fails to bring happiness around.
My favorite is a magic mug, in which a photo appears as you fill up the tea/coffee/any hot liquid. You can also personalize them with photos, text, quotes. The possibilities are endless.
Looking back at happy pictures in our day to day lives lifts up our moods and fills our homes with smiles. So don't wait more and print your favorite décor item with your favorite pictures.